top of page
  • Writer's pictureJohn Zenir

What you need to know about an enforcement order

If you filed an order and the other person ignores it, you can protect yourself.

What happens if the other person who is subject to the same order you are, doesn't do anything to follow up about the order and just ignores the order?

Well, in that case, you can file an application or a petition to go ahead and enforce the order.

And if you do, you will probably win.

However, now keep in mind, what a lot of people don't realize is you can't change an order based upon a verbal agreement.

A verbal agreement, as the saying goes, is definitely not worth the paper it's not written on.

The fact is, the only thing that can change an order is an actual new order.

So make sure that your enforce your orders.

And if someone has given you a verbal commitment to change the order, you should probably go in to modify or change the order because the old order is still in effect no matter what the person says.

So, be careful.

Make sure you follow the law appropriately so that this way, you always make sure you are in fact, enforcing your rights and obligations.

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page